Well Kiki the Elephant kit is not quite ready yet. Kiki loves to sail the ocean blue with her trusty sidekick on her left shoulder) in her wooden ship.
This months awareness deals with Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
What Is Chronic Myeloid Leukemia?
Cancer starts when cells in the body begin to grow out of control. Cells in nearly any part of the body can become cancer, and can spread to other areas of the body. To learn more about how cancers start and spread, see What Is Cancer?
Chronic myeloid leukemia (CML), also known as chronic myelogenous leukemia, is a type of cancer that starts in certain blood-forming cells of the bone marrow. In CML, a genetic change takes place in an early (immature) version of myeloid cells – the cells that make red blood cells, platelets, and most types of white blood cells (except lymphocytes). This change forms an abnormal gene called BCR-ABL, which turns the cell into a CML cell. The leukemia cells grow and divide, building up in the bone marrow and spilling over into the blood. In time, the cells can also settle in other parts of the body, including the spleen. CML is a fairly slow growing leukemia, but it can also change into a fast-growing acute leukemia that is hard to treat.
Most cases of CML occur in adults, but very rarely it occurs in children, too. In general, their treatment is the same as for adults.
(copy/paste) Source taken from https://www.cancer.org/cancer/chronic-myeloid-leukemia/about/what-is-cml.html
Here is how it
- A group of designers select a topic to bring awareness – So be aware of the things around you.
- These designers create full size kits, sample kits, quick pages, alpha based on the color scheme selected by the host.
- On the 20th of each month each designer post their contribution (download link) and a list of participating designers
- A special goodie is also available on Facebook (link is included in the post)
- Please note: Depends on each designer how long their goodies are available
Here is my contribution
… and here is my special link – available till the end of the month
** Thank you and Scrap with a Smile with Ostrea Designs **